Saturday, August 16, 2008

'I used to cry buckets of tears'

Katrina's big moment came with her pairing with Akshay Kumar in Humko Deewana Kar Gaye (2006). It gave her career the required impetus.
Vipul Shah, who took notice of her in a Samsung commercial was hell-bent on having her opposite Akshay for Namastey London, which went on to become one of the biggest hits of last year.
The producer of Singh is Kinng, another Akshay-Katrina starrer, says, "She is extremely professional and her perfectionist streak has led her to taste success so early in her career."
While she kept signing one film after the other, her personal life took a back seat. Salman and she had their share of misunderstandings. Increasing outdoor schedules only added to the stress.
"I used to call my mum everyday, and she was in London then. I can't tell you what it was about. But at times it used to be like the end of the world. I used to cry buckets of tears," says Katrina, who feels that she is no longer as sensitive and emotional as she used to be.
But reticent she continues to be. She won't comment on Salman's former love, Aishwarya Rai and despite going strong with Salman for almost four years, she has never publicly admitted to the relationship.
"I don't [talk about my relationship] because Salman wouldn't do it. Ask Salman a question about me and he wouldn't answer."
She doesn't deny the hiccups in her relationship, as reported by the tabloids, when she says: "I'm sure I have been taken for granted but no one is to be blamed for that except for myself. If you cannot give yourself that respect then how can other people give you that respect?"

No comments: