Wednesday, October 8, 2008

‘I can’t call myself King’

Salman Khan’s got a release this week. 

But, never one for self-promotion, he’s gone into hiding. “My job is to act, to publicise the film on its merits, I’m not here to con my fans. From the promos, fans know if they want to see the film. Main apna dhindora nahi peet ta. I don’t do things like call myself ‘King’ because then my friends will start to refer to me by that title and then their friends — and before I know it, I will have a title attached to my name that I gave myself! I’m happy the way I am,” the macho star told BT in a phone-in yesterday. Excerpts from the conversation... 

In your new film, a girl breaks up with the guy she loves for a NRI match with better prospects. If this happened to you in real life, would you forgive her? 
To each his own. If that person is going to give her more security and more love; if she and her children will get a good life, and she is getting nothing here from this guy, then I think it’s good.

No comments: